Hello parents and EAGLE students!
I hope this finds you all doing well. I surely do miss your smiling faces and laughter, but I hope that you and your families are healthy and staying well.
I am posting this week to update you on what I know. Of course, this is an unprecedented situation, and we’re building the metaphorical airplane mid-flight. PATIENCE and GRACE are extended to everyone! Currently, teachers are receiving training and guidance on what we can post for student instruction. Please be assured that learning will continue, but it might look different from class to class and teacher to teacher; we are all doing our very best. A couple things that we do know:
- I encourage you to participate in #EnloeVirtualSpiritWeek on Twitter. Even when we are “socially distanced,” we can still have some fun together!
- Spring break has not been moved, so Monday, April 6th-Monday April 13th is considered spring break.
- We recognize that distance learning can’t take the place of face-to-face interaction and instruction. At this time, no NEW assignments are being given for grades. Review material and extension activities are recommended. Any assignment given prior to March 13th can be graded and entered into PowerSchool. So, if you have missing assignments for Q3, I recommend you get those assignments completed ASAP. You can take photos of your assignments, scan assignments, or use a phone app like CamScanner to make a PDF and email those assignments to me — take CLEAR photos with light from a lamp or near a window, make sure your assignment includes your name, date, and block, and that the assignment is labeled. I will print your assignments and get them graded over the next couple of weeks.
- I will be posting resources and sites (soon) to help keep your brain engaged. PLEASE READ DAILY!
- Take a look at the resources available on the WCPSS Remote Learning web site. Engage your brain DAILY!
- The ending date for Q3 has been extended to late April. As of now, the exact date isn’t available.
- If you signed a credit recovery contract for Q2 (and/or possibly Q1) for my classes, please continue working in GradPoint to complete that work. Mr. Simpson is checking GradPoint daily to answer questions and reset lessons/tests. It is CRITICAL that you complete this work so that you can be successful, moving forward.
- IB exams will not be administered this year.
- AP exams will be condensed and will cover material up to the start of March and will be administered online.
- North Carolina has requested a waiver to end-of-year state testing.
- I am working to establish virtual office hours for students and parents to check in, say hello, ask questions, etc. I will be using Google Meet (the WCPSS preferred platform) for this and will send out links. You DO NOT need the Google Meet app installed in order to participate — you’ll simply click on the link from your phone or device. I will likely set hours midweek and on the weekend, so please log in and say hello!
- I have reopened Remind texting so that we can communicate back and forth, making it easier for you to reach out with simple questions. Please be mindful of the time of day, and email me if it’s late at night or early-early in the mornings. I do check email regularly and am replying.
Earlier this week, I sent out a Remind message asking about your technology and device needs at home so you can participate in remote learning, credit recovery/GradPoint, etc. WCPSS cannot guarantee devices for all students, but as we know of students with technology needs, we are letting the administrative team know. Students who are approved to get a device will get a Chromebook only; no other devices are available at this time.
If you have additional needs — devices, online connections (ex., WiFi), food, etc. — please reach out to me and let me know THIS WEEK and we will do our best to get you the resources we need.
I miss all of you. I miss our banter and sarcasm and wit, your smiles and quirks and mannerisms, and seeing your faces. Remember that you are loved and cared about, and that your Enloe family is here to help you. We WILL all get through this! Please stay well and stay safe!
Sending you virtual hugs and high fives!