- OWN YOUR ACADEMIC SUCCESS! Download the PowerSchool app and check for any missing assignments (0s mean I don’t have work for you). IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE UP ASSIGNMENTS AND TESTS.
- It’s INTERIMS WEEK!!!!
- Ask yourself… WHAT global region are we currently studying? Is it ancient or modern, or a mix of both? WHY do we need to read literature from other historical time periods and cultures? WHY is doing that important to you as a student and citizen of the world?
- an excerpt from “The Panchatantra” — p. 511-512. Answer all parts of #1-7 on p. 513, then define MORAL and answer #1-2 (yellow Literary Elements box)
- If you would like to purchase your own copy of Night, Elie Wiesel’s memoir about the Holocaust, please make arrangements to do so this week. We will begin a Holocaust unit shortly.
- Ask yourself… WHAT historical time period are we currently studying? WHY do we need to read literature from other historical time periods and cultures? WHY is doing that important to you as a student and citizen of the world?
- “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge” — we will begin with the original Twilight Zone (S5:E22) episode showing the 1961 French film based on the 1891 Ambrose Bierce short story, “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.” Begin by completing the Focus Activity p. 367. Then read the short story (p. 368-376) and completely answer ALL parts of #1-10 (p. 377).
- “The Gettysburg Address” — complete the Focus Activity on p. 384 (you may make a list, but may not include elementary facts), then read the speech on p. 385. When you have finished, answer #1-15 ODD on p. 386.