- OWN YOUR ACADEMIC SUCCESS! Download the PowerSchool app and check for any missing assignments (0s mean I don’t have work for you). IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE UP ASSIGNMENTS AND TESTS.
- Q2 ends Monday, January 27, 2020
- Q3 begins Tuesday, January 28, 2020
- Wednesday, January 29th is a Teacher Workday
- This is COMING HOME week: Monday: sleepers vs. scholars; Tuesday: jersey day; Thursday: throwback day; Friday: Green & Gold day (pep rally for juniors and seniors the last half of 4A, West Gym), followed by basketball games against Broughton
- Sacred Texts (Bible, the Vedas, Talmud, Qur’an): read excerpts from “The Tanakh” (the Flood story and the Book of Ruth) and from “The Qur’an” (The Exordium and Daylight) p. 436-449; complete p. 440 Personal Response, #1-7, & #1-2 (Lit Elements box) (100); complete p. 446 Personal Response, #1-10 (110); complete p. 450 Personal Response, #1-6 (70).
- The Mahabharata (sacred Indian text): Read the Background of this excerpt p. 500, and answer the Focus Activity (give 2-3 questions for wisdom AND 2-3 questions for character, 10 pts). Then read the excerpt. Answer #2-14 EVEN p. 506 (70 pts), define EPIC HERO (10 pts), and answer #2 in Literary Elements box (10 pts).
- Historical Figures of the Civil War (episodes 1 & 2 of Ken Burns’ documentary, “Civil War” found on Netflix, Amazon Prime)