- There is no school on Monday, Jan. 20, 2020 in observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
- Please check PowerSchool for any missing assignments (0s mean I don’t have work for you). IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE UP ASSIGNMENTS AND TESTS.
- ALL missing/late Q2 work for MY CLASSES is due in my hands by 2:20 p.m., Friday, Jan. 24, 2020.
- Q2 ends Monday, January 27, 2020
- Q3 begins Tuesday, January 28, 2020
- Wednesday, January 29th is a Teacher Workday
- Sacred Texts (Bible, the Vedas, Talmud, Qur’an): read excerpts from “The Tanakh” (the Flood story and the Book of Ruth) and from “The Qur’an” (The Exordium and Daylight) p. 436-449; complete p. 440 Personal Response, #1-7, & #1-2 (Lit Elements box) (100); complete p. 446 Personal Response, #1-10 (110); complete p. 450 Personal Response, #1-6 (70).
- MLK, Jr.: read Nobel Acceptance Speech (1964) and answer text-dependent questions (CCR.RI.1,2,4-6) (watch Nobel Prize footage of King delivering the speech, here)
- MLK, Jr.: read Letter from Birmingham Jail (1963) and answer text-dependent questions (CCR.RI.1-6,8) (listen to King reading the entire letter, here)