This A-week in Room 2808…
- APLC: Bring “Of Mice & Men” to class every day until we finish with it
ENGLISH 3/AMERICAN LITERATURE
- If you missed the Unit Test on American Romanticism, you are responsible for making an appointment during lunch or after school to make that up ASAP.
- Begin unit on the literature of the Civil War & Its Aftermath
- Documentary: “Battle of Gettysburg” — make note of significant people (there are 8 who are discussed by name), battles, and “firsts”
- Biography of Frederick Douglass — video
- Frederick Douglass, “My Bondage & My Freedom” excerpt from his autobiography, “Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass” (1845). This selection is in the textbook, p. 329-334. After we read and discuss this excerpt, complete #1-8 on p. 335 — including #6 (which asks you to consider how you would answer the Focus Activity on p. 329).
AP ENGLISH LANGUAGE & COMPOSITION
- “Of Mice & Men” (John Steinbeck) — have in-hand, in class
- Rhetorical Analysis, continued
- Extra Credit Alert! SOAPSTONE the presidential State of the Union speech (Tuesday, all major cable networks, 9 p.m.) — review SOAPSTONE here