This week in Room 2808…
- THE LAST DAY FOR MS. AUSLEY’S STUDENTS TO TURN IN LATE WORK IS THIS THURSDAY, JANUARY 18TH. WORK SUBMITTED AFTER THURSDAY MAY NOT BE GRADED.
- THIS IS THE LAST WEEK FOR SUBMISSIONS! The Raleigh Fine Arts Society (RFAS) is accepting original short-story submissions for its 2018 Literary Contest. The student deadline for submissions is midnight on January 18. To do this, have your student go to raleighfinearts.org, select Literary Contest and click on Submit a manuscript. Be sure to list Melissa Ausley (firstname.lastname@example.org) as your English teacher so that I can approve your story for submission to the judges. For a student’s story to be approved and sent to the judges for scoring, the English teacher must give it a THUMBS UP before midnight on January 26, 2018. You can find more information on RFAS 2018 Literary Contest brochure.
ENGLISH 3/AMERICAN LITERATURE
- Section Notes: Post-Civil War America (need textbook and handout)
- Unit STUDY GUIDE: American Romanticism (need textbook and Unit Notes)
- Unit Test: American Romanticism (B-Day on Monday 1/22, A-Day on Tuesday 1/23)
AP ENGLISH LANGUAGE & COMPOSITION/HONORS ENGLISH 3
- “ICB” TEST: Multiple-choice & open-ended written response (4 prompts, you’ll pick 1) — if school is cancelled Wednesday 1/17 due to inclement weather, test will be given on Friday 1/19)
- REMINDER: “Of Mice & Men” (John Steinbeck) — have in-hand, in class by 1/23