This week in Room 2808…CLASS NOTES:
- If you do not have the PowerSchool app on your device, please see the Media Center coordinators to gain access. Take ownership of your learning.
- If you are excessively tardy, you will spend lunch detention with me. I don’t want this and you don’t want this. If you miss your assigned lunch detention, you will be written up for non-compliance (per school policy). Be in class on time.
ENGLISH 3/AMERICAN LITERATURE
- Academic Improvement Plan contracts due (signed) Monday
- Paine/Wheatley/Abigail Adams assignment (from last week)
- Test Review (Mon. & Tues.) — Unit 2, Revolutionary Literature — in-class QUIZLETS
- Unit 2 Test: Wed., 11/15 (B Day), Thurs., 11/16 (A Day)
- “The Devil & Tom Walker” (Irving, p. 202) — close reading questions
AP ENGLISH LANGUAGE & COMPOSITION/HONORS ENGLISH 3
- Turn in “Why Don’t We Complain?” QRS
- RR: “A Debate About Harry Potter” (Acocella p. 526-535), originally published in The New Yoker, and selected questions p. 535-536 — Response 1, Purpose 1&2, Audience 1, Strategies 2, Discussion 1 (you’ll need a RR book for these)
- Charles Osgood poem “Pretty Good” (PDF), Argument Writing- Defend, Refute, Qualify (PPT and notes) & Terms of Argumentation (PPT and notes)
- Handouts (keep in your notebook) — Most Frequent AP English Titles 1971-2014 and APLC Exam Essay Prompts (1981-2017)
- FRIDAY: Multiple-choice practice AP-style test — review Rhetorical Devices and allusions in advance of this test