This (short) week in Room 2808…
- FRIDAY: VETERANS’ DAY HOLIDAY OBSERVED
- It is your responsibility to load and check PowerSchool — if you do not have the app on your device, please see the Media Center coordinators to gain access.
- If you are excessively tardy, you will spend lunch detention with me. I don’t want this and you don’t want this. If you miss your assigned lunch detention, you will be written up for non-compliance (per school policy). Be in class on time.
ENGLISH 3/AMERICAN LITERATURE
- excerpt from “The Narrative of the Interesting Life of Olaudah Equiano” — read the CommonLit excerpt and complete the questions
- Distribution of Academic Improvement Plans and contracts
- (This is a big assignment worth 300 points — take your time and answer the questions!) Read excerpt from “The Crisis, No. 1” (Thomas Paine) p. 154-157 and answer all parts of #1-15 p. 158. Read “To His Excellency, George Washington” (Phillis Wheatley) p. 176-179) and answer all parts of #1-10 p. 180. Read “Letter to Her Daughter” (Abigail Adams, wife of Pres. John Adams, former First Lady, early feminist) and answer all parts of #1, 2, 3, 4, & 7 p. 186.
AP ENGLISH LANGUAGE & COMPOSITION/HONORS ENGLISH 3
- 50E: “The Ways We Lie” (Ericsson) p. 120 and in-class discussion
- Follow-up Discussion: What lies did you tell?
- Nonfiction Argument Techniques: SOAPSTone, Toulmin Model (because __, therefore ___, since ___), the Graff Template (claim, support, examples)
- Obituary of William F. Buckley in the NY Times
- 50E: “Why Don’t We Complain?” (Buckley) p. 64 and Buckley QRS