This week in Room 2808…
- TUESDAY: TEACHER WORKDAY, END OF Q1 GRADES DUE
- Q1 is over. Make changes. Q2 begins NOW.
- It is your responsibility to load and check PowerSchool — if you do not have it on your device, please see the Media Center coordinators to gain access.
- If you are excessively tardy, you will spend lunch detention with me. I don’t want this and you don’t want this. If you miss your assigned lunch detention, you will be written up for non-compliance (per school policy). Be in class on time.
ENGLISH 3/AMERICAN LITERATURE
- Episode 2 of the miniseries “John Adams” — Independence — takes place at the start of the Revolutionary War
- Non-fiction article analysis, NY Times/Scholastic Upfront Magazine (Saudi woman on the cover) — answer questions for articles and photo analysis
- excerpt from “The Narrative of the Interesting Life of Olaudah Equiano” — read the CommonLit excerpt and complete the questions
AP ENGLISH LANGUAGE & COMPOSITION/HONORS ENGLISH 3
- Rhetorical Devices (1), “Formaldehyde Curtain” (4)
- NYTimes nonfiction article, photo, and political cartoon analysis