This week in Room 2808…
ENGLISH 3/AMERICAN LITERATURE
- Unit 1 Test — if you are absent, it is your responsibility to arrange with Ms. Ausley to make up the test this week during lunch or after school
- A-day test: Monday, Oct. 9
- B-day test: Tuesday, Oct 10
- Wednesday (PSAT Administration in the morning) — 1A and 2A will meet in room 2208 for students who are not scheduled to take the exam. This information has been posted around campus and on my door, so please be on time.
- Writing Prompt: What does it mean to you and family to be an American, or in America?
- Begin Unit 2: Revolutionary Literature
- Video: The American Revolution (~50 min., 30 numbered facts)
AP ENGLISH LANGUAGE & COMPOSITION/HONORS ENGLISH 3
- Q1 Independent Authors Projects are due Friday, Oct. 20th. Information on MLA is available at http://goo/gl/ppQqj4. DETAILED PROJECT RUBRIC
- student video: “How to be a Safe Driver” (A Brief Example of Satire)
- read “A Modest Proposal” (Swift) and questions on tone and diction
- TEST THIS THURSDAY: Rhetorical Devices (if you were absent last week, please check for the notes/PPT)