A couple of items for this week…
Q1 interim reports were sent home last week week. **I require interim reports to be returned (by TU Oct. 3) with a parent/guardian signature.** Please ask your child for his/her interim, sign it, and have him/her return it to me.
Some scholars still need to return basic documents to Ms. Ausley (completed and with parent/guardian signature):
- Plagiarism & Cheating Statement (last page of the syllabus we reviewed in class)
- Student Information Forms
Lastly, Remind.com codes can be found by clicking “Remind Codes” in the site header — text your class code to 81010 and be sure you include the “@” sign.
Please take care of your business on time (Remind signups and the two forms were due almost five weeks ago).
ENGLISH 3/AMERICAN LITERATURE
- read excerpt from Jonathan Edwards’ sermon, “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God” — answer questions #2, 4, 6, 8, and #1-3 in the beige Literary Elements box.
- PPT on William Bradford and “Of Plymouth Plantation,” followed by a reading of the excerpt from “Of Plymouth Plantation” and related questions (handout)
- Unit 1 Test Review
- A-day test: Monday, Oct. 9
- B-day test: Tuesday, Oct 10
AP ENGLISH LANGUAGE & COMPOSITION/HONORS ENGLISH 3
- collect signed interims
- write a reflection on your progress so far this quarter, as well as how you feel you did on the article — return of Q1 Independent Columnist article and response #1 — reminder that your completed project is due on Friday, Oct. 20th
- review of MLA format and common errors in student writing — information on MLA is available at http://goo/gl/ppQqj4.
- **If you were absent last week and missed the Tropes quiz or didn’t turn in your “Sinners…” illustration, please stop by this week during lunch to take care of that. **
- PPT: Rhetorical Triangle, Persuasive Techniques and Rhetorical Devices
- 2 handouts: A Profusion of Allusions and Vocabulary of Literature & Rhetoric
- Q1 Independent Columnist Project DETAILED RUBRIC
- WED & FRI: PPT: Rhetorical Devices (Wed: set 1; Fri: sets 2-8; test next Thursday)