A couple of items for this week…
This Thursday (9/21) is a teacher workday for the observance of Rosh Hashanah. A-day classes will meet Monday & Wednesday; B-day classes will meet Tuesday and Friday.
REPOST: If you are able to send in large/family size boxes of Kleenex (Puffs, etc.), we will need them ASAP. Please write “AUSLEY” on the box so your child will remember who to give the tissues. The school provides basic facial tissues, but they are thin and won’t last long. I will store donated boxes in my classroom for all of our students to use. Trust me, everyone will need one! 🙂
Documents due back to Ms. Ausley (completed and with parent/guardian signature):
- Plagiarism & Cheating Statement (last page of the syllabus we reviewed in class)
- Student Information Forms
Lastly, Remind.com codes can be found by clicking “Remind Codes” in the site header — text your class code to 81010 and be sure you include the “@” sign.
Please take care of your business on time (Remind signups and the two forms were due two weeks ago).
ENGLISH 3/AMERICAN LITERATURE
- “Great Indian Nations” (video and 30 notes) — what did we believe before and what did we learn new?
- Unit 1: PreColonial America (Native American Myths & Early Settlers) — read Native American Mythology (p. 46), “How the World Was Made” (p. 48-49) and “The Sky Tree” (p. 50-51) before completing #1-10 p. 52. Why were the ecosystems so important to the Native Americans, and how did those change once European settlers came and moved west?
AP ENGLISH LANGUAGE & COMPOSITION/HONORS ENGLISH 3
- Review AP 2015 “Polite Speech” essay rubric and view three nationwide student samples — your revision of your draft is due NEXT TUESDAY (9/26)
- Quiz on Tropes NEXT THURSDAY (9/28)
- Puritanism, Jonathan Edwards, & “Sinners…” Rhetorical Analysis (PPT)
- **If you are an auditory learner, you can listen to the sermon being professional read here.**
- read “Sinners in the Hands of God” sermon, and illustrate the Gaping mouth of Hell — your illustration is due next THURSDAY (9/28) — per Edwards’ sermon, depict Hell, fire, devil(s), the Hand(s) of God, and man. Illustrations must be on some type of printer or art paper, no smaller than 8-1/2×11″, and must be colored (unless artistically in pencil) — PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME AND PERIOD ON THE BACK OF YOUR ILLUSTRATION